, though we are rather fond of them for obvious reasons.
Submitted by bubaflub on Sun, 06/26/2011 - 03:34
Nothing too glamorous to report again - the test suite continues to grow. All functions are currently covered (and passing) except for functions related to random numbers. These functions are especially tricky because they rely on a special C-struct to both hold the seed and point to which pseudo-random number function we want to use. GMP is flexible in that there are multiple functions a user can choose from - some which favor speed and others which favor randomness - but the code is messy. Furthermore, to handle structs in NCI we need something called a StructView.
Submitted by soh_cah_toa on Sun, 06/26/2011 - 00:27
This week in HBDB-land was very significant. I was finally able to achieve command recognition. I had abandoned work on it for about a week because it was such a nuisance. Instead, I focused on testing which was a pain as well but it got done. Reluctantly, I returned my focus to the command parsing logic and within 5 minutes, I had solved my problem with a single ampersand. This makes me so happy.
Submitted by NotFound on Sat, 06/25/2011 - 15:03
Submitted by benabik on Tue, 06/21/2011 - 21:03
I've lost more time to the bog that is removing Q:PIR blocks. I keep triggering odd little bugs and only have the most complicated bits left. There are 7 Q:PIR blocks, of which 3 are to handle the multiple return values from
post_children(). On bacek's advice, I'm going to just not worry about the last few bits. I'd really like to get rid of them by the end of summer, but at this point it's blocking forward progress.
Also, my pool has a pile of problems. It's green and the pump is broken and and and... I'm sure very few people care, but the repeated trips to the pool store are eating up far more time than I had intended.
Submitted by lucian on Mon, 06/20/2011 - 18:49
Double puffin this week! And that's to (partly) make up for my short 3 day vacation to Scotland, starting tomorrow.
Submitted by soh_cah_toa on Sun, 06/19/2011 - 02:00
Ok, not literally. Though I wonder what code would actually smell like. Burning brain cells, maybe?
Alright, here's the scoop. I'm going to keep things brief as I eagerly want to get back to my adorable little segfaults. :)
Submitted by bubaflub on Sun, 06/19/2011 - 01:57
Nothing terribly exciting to report - progress is continuing as I am writing more and more tests to cover all of the GMP Integer functions. A function is considered covered when there are at least two tests that call that function. I've used Whiteknight++'s Rosella library for both the testing harness and the tests themselves. The harness is written in NQP while the individual test files are written in Winxed. This isn't a big problem since both NQP and Winxed come bundled with Parrot.
Submitted by rohit_nsit08 on Fri, 06/17/2011 - 09:15
In the process of understanding of parse trees to get PIR, I spent some time learning the LALR(1) parsing algorithm which is being used in corellaScript.
Out of the three stages of compiler design, lexical analysing, Parsing, and code generating.
Parsing is the most important one, It is the stage where the token stream generated by lexer is analyzed according to the rules of specified grammar .
Submitted by tcurtis on Tue, 06/14/2011 - 21:20
I'm rather behind on my blogging schedule, and also somewhat behind on my coding schedule, thanks to finals and packing and moving out of the dorm, but there is good news: finals are over, and now I'm free to focus more on summer of code. In this blog post, I'll describe the representation I've decided on for grammars, and talk about my next steps.
Another piece of good news, I've actually decided on a name: LALRskate.
Submitted by benabik on Tue, 06/14/2011 - 20:02
My work this week was slightly complicated by pmichaud changing PCT in master. Turns out that tracking changes in a method I already converted is harder than converting it in the first place. However, since NQP and Rakudo are already using the enhancements, I thought it valuable to merge them quickly. I'm mostly done, just hunting down some sneaky bugs.