On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 6.7.0, also known as "Grey-headed Lovebird". Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running all dynamic languages.
Parrot 6.7.0 is available on Parrot's FTP site, or by following the download instructions. For those who want to hack on Parrot or languages that run on top of Parrot, we recommend our organization page on GitHub, or you can go directly to the official Parrot Git repo on Github
Parrot 6.7.0 News:
- - Core
- + find_codepoint: added more name aliases for perl6 (LF,FF,CR and NEL)
- + Optimize internal pcc CallContext calls from VTABLE to direct calls
and inline CallContext ATTR accessors to omit the obj check. [GH #1083]
- - Documentation
- + Updated documentation for StringHandle.readall and FileHandle.readall, which
reads just the rest of the buffer if tell > 0. [GH #1084]
- - Tests
- + Improve test plan for t/library/pg.t
- - Community
- + Our GSoC student Chirag Agrawal successfully passed the final evaluation.
All three project parts have been merged already.