mod_parrot is an Apache module that exposes the Apache API to a Parrot virtual machine interpreter. This allows one to write custom Apache handlers in PIR or one of many high level languages (HLL) that target Parrot. Additionally, mod_parrot provides a persistent environment for these handlers to run, which can result in a significant performance increase for CGI scripts. mod_parrot is the foundation for the development of mod_perl6.
- Expose the Apache API and data structures to Parrot
- Provide a common Apache layer for HLLs
- Remain invisible to the end user
- Support for new HLLs should require little or no C coding
The most recent released of mod_parrot is 0.5, released on January 4, 2009.
- Latest release: http://www.smashing.org/mod_parrot/dist/mod_parrot-latest.tar.gz
- Latest from subversion: svn co https://svn.perl.org/parrot-modules/mod_parrot/trunk
- Jeff Horwitz (jhorwitz): Lead Developer
IRC: #parrot on irc.perl.org
- mod_perl6 (Rakudo)
- PHP (Pipp)